Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ruby The Ballerina






I get to cuddle with this cute little bug during Ruby's class.



 

Ever since Ruby started her new dance class she has informed me that she doesn't want to be a ballerina but that she IS a ballerina.  

She just started taking a tap/ballet/jazz class for 3-5 year olds.  These pictures where taken on her second day of class.  She loved the first day of class except for the end when she slipped on her pink scarf during free dance while doing a 360 ballet twirl and landed smack dab on her head and knocked herself out!  It was SOOOO scary.  I was calling her name for 10 seconds until she responded.  It felt like forever!!!!!  She woke up crying and embarrassed.  To my relief she was fine.  Ruby wasn't too excited about going back to class after the incident but after a quick pep talk from her dear old dad she perked right up.  So cute how in tune those two are with each other.  Ruby is a sponge. She absorbed her daddy's quick, but deep lesson about not giving up.  I heard her talk to my mom hours after her pep talk from Erik.  I heard her say on the phone to my mom, "Hi Nanny.  I went to ballet and had lots of fun.  Then I slipped and fell on my head.  And I was really sad.  Then I talked to my daddy.  And he said when he's dancing and falls on his head he just gets back up and starts dancing again.  So that's what I'm going to do.  So bye.  Love you. "   

Ruby, you are too wise.  We love you, our little twirling ballerina. 

5 comments:

Nikki Nielsen said...

So so cute! I can't wait for Emmy to be able to take a legit Dance class!

Megan said...

Ballet with all her friends! hahah I love that little Ruby!

Shelly said...

I loved this post more than you can imagine, Kindsay! Oh, that girl...I loved the intense interest she had for what her teacher was saying in that one picture! Send more! I just can't get enough.

About me said...

She seems so graceful! I miss that girl!!! Love the pictures!!!

Lindsay Rondo said...

she is so cute!!! i love that she had a little pep talk. she IS a ballerina!