Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crewel- A new discovery



I found these AMAZING pieces of art in my parents cabin in Utah a little while ago. They were way up in the attic hiding in a lonely brown box. I pulled them out and asked my mom about them and she said that she used to really be into crewel sewing when she was younger and that she made these when she was in her twenties like me. Surprise... another creative thing my mom is good at doing. She was excited that I loved them and told me I could have them.

I think there is something SO special about handmade art that's made by loved ones. I think it will be really fun to pass these down. I LOVE them!!! My sisters and I asked my mom to teach us some of the stitches. We started having craft night at my mom's house. It's been so fun learning how to do something new and spending time together. I can learn a lot from my mom. She's so talented!!!!

5 comments:

Amorology said...

You're so talented and lovely too! aren't we so lucky to have an amazing mom who teaches us so many things? i can't wait for you to show off your latest project. :) I love you and I love craft night with the girls!

Megan said...

why am i not invited to craft night?! ... oh, do you need to be an extremely talented mathis??? some girls have all the luck

alyson said...

these are so precious

shelly said...

I've seen them in person and they. are. GORGEOUS! Robin really is extraordinarily talented -- as are ALL the girls in that family! Your own project you're working on is so awesome! I can't wait to see the finished project.

ashley said...

those are beautiful! be sure to post your when you make some! love stuff like this!